Monday, February 20, 2012

Above the Kitchen Cupboard Part I

I have decorated my kitchen in birds and I'm just LOVING it!

This is the first of several posts that I will be doing on my kitchen and my sweet birds.
This is actually a box, I just opted to have it standing instead of filling it with items that couldn't be seen.
I purchased it at Cato for $2.99 on clearance!

The turquoise birds also were purchased at Cato and they were only $1.99 each!
The green birds sitting on the candlesticks were purchased at Gordmans for .99 each!
I just LOVE them!!

This little stand was purchased at Big Lots for $7.99

So, this is what is in the middle section above the cupboard.
You may remember the green shutter from Christmas. I had used it as a card holder and now it has a place in the kitchen.
I just love it when an item can be used for more than one purpose!! 

Please stay tuned for the rest of the kitchen, one post at a time.

Linking to:
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday Party
Cozy Home Scenes for Your Cozy Home Party
2805 for Potpourri Friday  

9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and what a good price on those birds. Don't you just love playing with those little nooks in our homes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birds, and yours are quite cute. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok--you had me at birds, haha. I love bird inspired decor and artwork! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using birds in decorating. Love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great and great prices for your finds!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bird theme, so I think this is a great spot in your home. Each of your birds is so sweet, yet I am drawn to the yellow one. Looks like you're off to a great start on decorating this area on a budget. Thanks for sharing on my party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your vignette. How beautiful. Using the shutter is such a fabulous idea and the touch of the blue birds is fantastic. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings,

    I love your bird theme... looking forward to seeing the rest of your kitchen. I am your newest follower. Hope you will visit Magnolia Cottage.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comments are so greatly appreciated and I read each and every one and do my best to always return the favor!